Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My first pictures








I got into photography about two years ago when my best friend Amanda asked me to take some pictures for her. The pictures came out surprisingly good considering it was my first time and I was using film (non digital). These are some of the pictures from the photo shoot. I guess I got really lucky because it was overcast, and little did I know at the time cloudy days are perfect for pictures (no shadows).

I have always been into fashion and I love flipping through magazines looking at all the designer advertisements and fashion editorials. I am always tearing out pages of magazines trying to get more ideas for my next photoshoot.

I am still a beginner. I have a lot to work on, but here are some of the pictures I have taken over the years. Most of the pictures are of my friends. I do their makeup, hair and wardrobe. One day I hope to have a makeup artist, stylist, and lighting person, but for now I have to work with what I have. I use natural lighting in every picture because #1 I hate flash and #2 I don't have enough money to buy studio lighting yet.

No comments: